statement of intent

 For my coursework, I will be using the drink Huel Ready-to-Drink. For this product, I am aiming to show how this product is extremely beneficial in a busy lifestyle, no matter your situation whether you are running late or are looking to be more convenient and productive in your life as it "Fuels you, Huel" which will be my running slogan throughout these adverts.


I plan to meet the brief by recording freely with no limits but during the editing process check the length of my videos and cut to the time limit of 40-60 seconds. My narrative will include my friend and my cousins for one advert being about babysitting in relation to being the most convenient and fast you can during a busy situation. In my other advert, I will feature my other friend ending her study session and only having a 10-minute break. However, she's hungry after a hard study session and without any time to cook, she would look around for ingredients but remembers Huel. She grabs a bottle and brings it back to her desk, ready to enjoy. For both of my adverts, I want to use tracking while the characters go get Huel. I also want to use cuts to reflect how Huel is faster than a whole meal prep and it's short and snappy to use. I want to use high-key lighting for that happy and bright feel. I will use both non-diegetic and diegetic audio as I will add on some music at the end which will feature the packshot of the product. Advert one will take place in a busy household and the other will take place in a study room and kitchen and a staircase. For both adverts, I will frequently use texts to mention the nutritional  factors of the drink reinforcing that it is a healthy drink.

I will feature primarily Asian actors who are female. Yes, I understand that this is a lack of inclusivity however, I believe this would still have a huge appeal as it shows the woman (specifically woman of colour) are able to work and manage busy lives which links to how Huel is there to provide aid to this lifestyle. I think my characters will challenge stereotypes because we see women working hard and not being dependent on men but it also reinforces stereotypes like "all Asians are smart" or that "women work in maternal jobs". However, I truly believe I can represent a successful lifestyle through this advert from the actual plots to the ease that Huel gives even the details for the high-key lighting (which demonstrates happiness) will support that this advert is here to show that Huel eases and helps maintain a successful lifestyle because of the convenience allowing full productivity.

My advert will target audiences between the age of 15-30. By showing my two characters learning and growing into new, busy and stressful experiences all people between these ages can relate. The struggles of time management can be relatable to anyone no matter what age so by showing how this product really helps someone during a heavy schedule or a busy lifestyle to effectively get a successful ending by being so convenient all people in this age range will understand that this product could help them because of there struggles of time management because of the convenience. My advert will offer the audience pleasure of personal identity because they may be able to relate to these heavy, busy schedules.


shorter ver

In my production, I will be using Huel Ready-to-Drink. For this product, I aim to show how this product is extremely beneficial in a busy lifestyle, no matter your situation, whether you are running late or are looking to be more productive in your life as it "Fuels you, Huel", which will be my running slogan.

I plan to meet my brief with two 40-60 second adverts. I will focus on how the many goals teenagers and young adults are easier to reach because of this drink and its convenience. For advert one, my narrative will include a female, 16 year old from Nepal and two children (ages 7 and 10, male and female) who also come  Nepal and is about baby-sitting and my second advert about a student who is on a break, trying to find time to cook a meal but drinks Huel instead (she will be Nepali and 16). I want to use high-key, white lighting for a happy and energised feel. For advert one, I want to use a lot of tracking shots whereas in advert two I aim to use cuts to reflect how Huel is fast and convenient. I will use both non-diegetic and diegetic audio. My music will be from hit album "brat" by Charli xcx as this will appeal to a younger adult audience and "Crazy" by LE SSERAFIM as it is very upbeat and energising.

I have featured actors that are primarily, Asian and female. I understand that this is a lack of inclusivity however, I believe this would still have a huge appeal as it shows how woman (specifically woman of colour) are able to work and manage busy lives which links to how Huel is there to provide aid to this lifestyle. My actors will subvert stereotypes because these adverts show women working hard and being independent. It also may reinforces stereotypes like "all Asians are smart" or that "women work in maternal jobs". I truly believe I can represent a successful lifestyle through this advert from the actual plots and how Huel helps succeed this.

My advert will target audiences, aged of 15-30. By showing my two characters growing into new, busy experiences all people between these ages can relate so by showing how this product really helps someone during a heavy schedule or a busy lifestyle my advert will offer the audience pleasure of personal identity because they may be able to relate to these schedules. I want to use Todorov's equilibrium theory to show how Huel is the solution to an easier lifestyle when working under stress.

Comments